The Fundamentals of Facilitation
Learn the skills you need to bring people together, manage group dynamics, guiding discussions, and keep attendees on track to gain buy-in and make good decisions as efficiently as possible.
About this course
The word “facilitator” has its origins in the Latin word “to make easy”. With that in mind, being a facilitator means that you are responsible for helping to smooth the way, to help people come together to reach a decision, resolve an issue or generate creative ideas.
In this information-packed half-day course, participants will learn:
- The nature and scope of facilitation and their role as a facilitator
- How to build their in understanding groups, group process and know how and when to intervene effectively
- How to be more confident as a facilitator with a range of styles and techniques to use in different situations.
- How and when to have the open, honest conversations required to manage tensions and create behaviour change
- Have the opportunity to explore and practise your facilitation skills and receive feedback.
Practical Facilitation Skills facilitator training programme is suitable for both new and less experienced facilitators looking for a programme which will cover the essentials of effective facilitation.
This programme isn’t for you, if you are an experienced facilitator, looking for an advanced facilitation skills programme.
At the end of this programme, participants will have learned the skills and role of the facilitator, and what that means for then in your organisational context. They will also have increased confidence dealing with conflict in a range of facilitation tools and techniques to enable them to make the right choices when facilitating groups
1-2 days, depending on your goals
Up to 12
- In-person at your office or ours
- Small team training
- 1-to-1 coaching
Fancy a chat?
Get in touch and let's have a chat to discuss how we can make your international communication SHINE!
+43 (0)660 378 2939