The Best Story Wins
Learn how to weave narratives into your communication to tap into people’s emotions and make your message stick.
About this course
Facts and figures are important but they speak to people’s intellect and are quickly forgotten. In contrast, as humans we seem hard-wired to remember stories because they trigger our emotions and our imaginations.
That’s why stories are such a powerful tool when it comes to informing, persuading, motivating, and moving people to act.
Let’s be clear: when we talk about stories, we’re not necessarily talking about folktales, and we’re certainly not talking about telling lies! We’re talking about using narratives to help you bring ideas to life, to inspire trust, to connect with your audience, and to communicate with passion.
This half-day intensive covers:
- Understanding the value of storytelling in professional environments
- How and when stories can be used
- How to align supporting narratives with communication goals
- Identify the elements successful stories share
- How to uncover participants’ experiences and the experiences of others for meaningful stories
- How to choose the right narrative structure
- How to create vivid characters and descriptive settings
- How to use voice and body language to enhance delivery
- How to build an easy-to-reference story library
Anyone with an important message to share, including leaders managing teams, academics sharing their research, and people who need to inform, motivate, persuade, and sell.
Participants will learn how and when to incorporate narratives and stories into their communication to share information, make it stick, and connect with and motivate audiences.
Up to 12
- In-person at your office or ours
- Virtual online
Fancy a chat?
Get in touch and let's have a chat to discuss how we can make your international communication SHINE!
+43 (0)660 378 2939